On Saturday night, December 12th, Station 27 (B Platoon) along with surrounding mutual aid were dispatched to the 200 Block of W. Brown St. for a dwelling fire. As units were responding, occupants reported something on fire in the basement. E27, AC27 and Q27 arrived to find smoke pushing from the chimney, and a significant smoke condition on the first floor. Crews stretched a hand line into the building, finding a working fire in the basement. The fire was extinguished in short order, the house was ventilated, searches were conducted, and overhaul was performed. No injuries were reported, and all units cleared the scene within 2 hours.